Edit: Die Stoffblätter bekommt Ihr seit neuestem in meinem DaWanda Shop!
Do you guys want to make a quick Angel? This one is printed on fabric a quickly sewn together. The foot is a bought stand and can also be substituted by a thin candle holder.
You will need:
- printable fabric* the pattern is on European size paper, so you might have to reduce it in size a bit
-20 x 30 cm cotton fabric for the back
- 20 x 20 cm cotton fabric for the wings
- 20 x 20 cm volume batting to iron on, I use Vilene H630
- 40 cm ribbon for the hair bows
- hot glue
1. Print the angel onto your fabric sheet and follow the manufacturers instructions for the permanent fixating of the the print. Place the printed fabric and the fabric for the back of the angel right sides together and sew all around leaving an opening for turning. Cut out and rim the corners. Turn to the right side and iron.
2. Stuff firmly. Wrap the end of the wire from your stand with some fabric and yarn rests securing it with some hot glue. We are doing this so that the wire does not slide into the angel making it unstable.
3. Pinch the corners of the head and tie the bows.
4. Sew the wings: Transfer he pattern onto one left side of your wing fabric. Iron on the batting on the opposite side of the strip of fabric 8also on the wrong side). Fold the fabric in half with the right sides together and sew all around on the line drawn. Cut out and clip all curves and corners.
Turn to the right side and iron. If you like, top- stitch the line marked on the pattern.
5. Hot-glue the wings onto the back of your angel and you are finished!
Here few more ideas of other stuff that I made this year, mainly out of fabric rests.
I wish you all happy holidays and a happy new year!