Do you remember that fabric necklace I made here? Did you also make one with many many buttons that are flying all over the place? Here is a solution to keep them in one place. It looks nice and animates the child to click them on in the frame. Very quick and easy to make!
You will need:
- a wooden picture frame 21 x 30 cm - I painted mine
- piece of fabric
- piece of embroidery stabilizer
- transfer pen for fabric
- sewing machine set for free motion embroidery
- snaps that are matching your buttons
1. Take the frame apart and use the paper that is in the frame as a stencil/ guide for the drawing. Arrange your buttons on that piece of paper and draw your stems and leaves.
2. Tape your drawing onto a window and tape your fabric over it. Trace the drawing onto the fabric and free motion the traced lines. Use the stabilizer under your fabric while sewing. Additionally, I attached some ribbon for a bow on the bottom.