I feel so honored to have been offered this award from Rikka at Ricochet and Away. Thank you so much Rikka. It feels nice to be recognized, but I cannot accept in its entirety. I am going to reveal the 7 things about me and explain myself below.
The rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.
Seven things about me1. I moved from a city with over 8 million to a town of 2,500. Everything is closed at 8 PM and on Sundays, but I am about 10 minutes drive from Switzerland and France where everything is also closed on Sundays.
2. Although one would never notice, where I live now, some people have cows, chicken and sheep
3. Crafting supplies are twice as expensive here (in comparison to the US)
4. I have fabrics, beads and papers that I do not use because they are too pretty and I am afraid that I could not get them again. I often look at them and then put them back in my closet.
5. I hate to iron
6. I am very self- critical and a recovering perfectionist. This is not so great because I never think out loud that things that I make are nice or worthy and if something I made is not perfect, I do not like it or give up. Everything that everyone else makes is fantastic. I am working on it.:)
7. I am excited to participate at the Retro Pillow Challenge. Please visit and vote.
Now to the last requirement. I have to admit with all the honestly, that this made me feel uncomfortable. First of all because I had a hard time choosing the 15 people that I would give an award to and second of all, because I do not approve of chain mailing.I think that it feels nice to receive an award and to get more visitors and members, but this way to do it, made me feel uneasy. I was very concerned about naming people and putting them in a situation to name another 15 people. In all the contemplation, I decided to first ask the people that I would have chosen, if I had to. Not to my surprise, most of the people rejected, as they either already received such an award several times, and/ or were uncomfortable having to name 15 blogs. When I started to blog, Kim from 733, who was the first person that featured me (thank you Kim) told me to do my thing and to stay true to myself. So I am following her advice and braking the chain link here by making the following statement:
1. I think that 99.9% of the creative blogs out there are amazing.
2. If I am following your blog, and I do only follow the ones that I read regularly, you deserve an award.
3. This is not any kind of critique on Rikka. I am just following my principles.