Yet another motivation to make a Door Frame Puppet Theater for your little one...
Meet Prinz von Qua Qua. As promised, following a tutorial to make Franz.
You will need
- some green fell teddy fabric or soft nicky fabric
- a small piece of wool felt for the crown and the inside of the eyes
- bigger scrap of jersey or an old t-shirt for the lining
- wiggle eyes
- some embroidery thread
- some stuffing
1. Trace and cut your pattern pieces.
2. Sew the darts in both head pieces. Lay the head pieces right sides together and sew all around until the darts
3. Stuff the head, seat aside
4. Make the eyes. First sew the inside white part onto two pieces. Next lay the two pieces right sides together, sew, turn and stuff firmly
4. Sew the eyes onto the head by hand. Position them at the pointy end of the darts
5. Cut the crown and insert into the opening between the darts. Sew shut by hand
6. Cut a hole on the bottom of the head. Set aside
7. Make the main body by laying the pieces right sides together and sewing. Clip curves and turn
8. Slide the edges of the neck of the main body onto the inside of the slit that you made in the head. Sew the head onto the main body by hand. I found it easier to sew while holding my fingers inside of the head (sorry, forgot to take a pic)9. make the lining
10. insert the lining into the main body turn the edges onto the inside and sew around.
11. embroider the nose and mount and glue the wiggle eyes on
Let me know how yours turned out.