I was not really intending to post it here, because there are so many crown projects out there and honestly, I even forgot that I made this. We are potty training. We have this book about a Toilet King.
So today Tina wanted her crown. I think this is actually a great idea, because the way I made the crown is that you can each year attach a new number or whatever you want. So I promised her that I will make her an emblem for the toilet.
Dear Tina, please forgive me that I have posted a picture of you at the quiet place. I promise that I will not show it to your first boyfriend. Mom.
Before I write you some instructions on how to make your own, I have to tell you another story from today that is hilarious. I had some panty liners laying on the cabinet in the bathroom. Tina asked me if those were my diapers. I did not think about it much and said: , yes. Following, she asked me why I still need diapers, because I am big and go on the toilett alone. I did not think much and replied: "I also leek sometimes". Few hours later, she took herself one of the panty liners, opened it and glued it onto her bottle. "My bottle leeks sometimes too" , she said.
1.Trace and cut the pattern out of your felt. It should measure about 60 cm end to end and 15 cm at its highest middle point.
2. Trace and cut the other fabric for the inside of the crown on the dotted line (you can skip this step if you like) I cut mine with pinking scissors to have the scalloped edge. Iron it onto the felt using the seam a steam
3. Sew the Velcro on. One part on the inside on the crown and one part on the outside. Or another way one part on the right and one on the left side of the crown.
4. Decorate the way you like with what you have and make your center piece -a number, an emblem etc. Sew a snap onto your middle piece
5. Sew your snap on the crown by hand
6. Hide your panty liners in the cabinet if you are using the crown for potty training in order to avoid weird and uncomfortable questions.